If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Associate Engineer – System Test and Validation in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Develops, write and manage the execution of an overall software/embedded test cases aligned to strategy.
• Contributes to enhance and make the testing process more efficient.
• Reviews documentation to understand testing requirements.
• Follows implementation of validation procedures, test plans, and test cases.
• Follows strategy for all levels of testing including regression, sanity, integration, acceptance, load, and stress testing for production with other QA team members.
• Communicates feature interaction problems and identify coding problems across the system.
• Analyzes defects and reports.
• Conducts exploratory testing to evaluate robustness and functionality of products.
• Keeps the track of standards set by software testing authorities
• Uses a tracking system such as Jira to track reported problems with software
• Uses existing or propose new tools for comprehensive test case management software to manage, track and organize software testing efforts
• Prepares of software test evaluation reports to help the development team avoid bugs in created code and also provide feedback on usability and user interactions
• Collaborates with software/firmware team members for the development of quality control and testing standards.
• Utilizes industry standard programs to check for browser compatibility bugs and to stress test server application.
• Administers diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas while being aware of programming and design alternatives.
• Possesses Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple aspects and priorities
• Shares knowledge with team members and/or colleagues from other disciplines
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”).This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo.The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s
- BE in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science/EnTC Engineering
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Manual Testing experience in Software testing with Cloud platforms, Preferably experienced in Embedded systems testing, Good to have Selenium automation knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Experience with Agile methodology.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time