Eaton’s Industrial Controls Division is currently seeking an EHS and Facilities Lead to join our team. This position will be based at our Avery Creek, NC facility.
The EHS and Facilities Lead will be responsible for establishing, managing and coordinating all Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security functions of the Avery Creek, NC site; including but not limited to: Safety, ISO 9001-2015, OSHA, Corporate EHS Audit program (MESH) and other regulatory areas. In this role, you will provide technical knowledge and support to the site (manufacturing plant, sales, R&D) ensuring that the site is operating in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner with regard to all Federal, State, Local and Corporate Environmental and Safety Regulations. In addition to EHS, this individual would also be responsible for making sure that the building and services (i.e. security, parking, cleaning etc) meet the needs of the people on site.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support creation of EHS and Facilities goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Work to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements. You will use established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries, illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Investigate environmental and safety incidents/accidents/near misses to determine root causes and prepares and implements corrective action plans
- Drive and promotes zero-incident EHS culture throughout site as well as create and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Work with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursue third-party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Develop and control the budget for all maintenance areas; strategically forecasts the maintenance plan annually.
- Accountable for services such as cleaning, security, waste and parking to ensure the environment is in a suitable condition to work.
- Manages building maintenance for things like heating and air conditioning as well as office upgrades/moves to maintain the work environment.
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments of building equipment (i.e. heat, A/C, electricity, etc)
- Reviews utilities consumption and strives to minimize costs
- Facilitates the maintenance technicians (contractor) time to ensure all of the above functions are met on a day to day basis
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in environmental, health, employee training and safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Avery Creek, NC facility.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Previous OSHA experience.
- Track record of demonstrated success in an EHS role (analytical and creative thinker)
- Building/Facility maintenance experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No