Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Warehouse Coordinator to join our team. This position is based at our Airdrie, Alberta facility.
Reporting to the Materials Manager, this position provides support to the assembly areas by replenishing products, receiving inbound materials, assisting in resolving count discrepancies, organizing and directing the activities of the employees engaged in shipping, receiving and warehousing processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Monitor work volumes of shipping, receiving and warehouse while adjusting resources as required to meet operational requirements. You will effectively and proactively schedule and commit the resources in order to meet all customers’ needs.
- Monitor shipping volumes and communicate with carriers to ensure all freight is processed daily.
- Responsible for all Lift Truck PM contracts and rack safety inspections for the Airdrie facility.
- Establish, communicate and monitor team member performance expectations, and respond as required to meet or exceed them in all areas of responsibility and accountability.
- Monitor and improve systems in place to maximize quality and productivity.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure cross-functional coordination of production activities. You will participate and promote various Eaton specific programs such as Continuous Improvement, EHS, Quality, etc
- Coordinate manpower requirements on a day-to-day basis by reviewing daily production, Takt requirements and matching/sharing appropriate staff across departments.
- Complete department administrative functions such as: managing new hires, labour booking, overtime and attendance tracking, defective material tracking.
- Identify and report any hazard(s) in the workplace using the Hazard Identification Form; reporting any near misses, incidents, injuries, events resulting in lost-time, or occupational diseases immediately.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- University degree or College diploma from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 80 kilometers of Airdrie, Alberta will be considered.
- Minimum Two years’ experience with direct inventory management or logistics in a manufacturing or assembly environment.
- Minimum Two years’ in a supervisory role.
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain Management, or related field is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with SAP or Oracle or equivalent ERP Systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and problem-solving ability with the ability to motivate ad develop others
- Knowledge of material requirements planning, processes, logistics and a make-to-order inventory system
- Understanding of Transportation Management and Distribution
- Good understanding of safety requirements
- Adaptable to changing environment
Accessibility Policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No