Eaton’s Power Systems is currently seeking a Stacking Assembler on 2nd Shift to join our team, pay starting at $18.45/hour depending on experience. This position is based at our Waukesha (Lincoln Ave) WI facility.
The Assembler is responsible for the setup of material, coils, and stack core lamination into coil openings to form proper core spacing and build for larger single and three phase units.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Check shop orders for required material, places material on bench or stacking table and opens core to free lamination.
- Place insulating material inside coils, insert and position core lamination through coil opening until required build-up is obtained. You will also form lamination corners by tapping with a mallet and tape lamination end when necessary to hold in position.
- Band core as needed to close lamination gaps using an air banding machine and spot weld cores with an electric hand operated spot welder.
- Cut, insert and shim insulation board between coils, spaces core clamps, and assemble metal frame on core and coil.
- Set up coils on stacking tables and opens core on work platform to free laminations.
- Set up fixture on the stacking tables for proper high precision core alignment.
- Stack the main core, and up-ends completed unit onto a roller cart.
- Assemble tap changer switch and cable to high voltage side of and coil assembly per Bill of Materials.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without requiring company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No