If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Junior Back End Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
Responsible for the product requirements, design, development and testing of Back end software for Lighting Products. Positions’ main responsibility would be to enhance existing and/or develop new software that enables the launch of new cloud based applications. Provide technical solutions via execution, follow defined processes & lead in software development & technology innovations. Additionally, assisting the technical lead for conceptualization, engineering and software specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for Lighting Control products
Enhance existing and/or develop new software that enables the launch of new enterprise software products, functionality and services with various web technologies
Enhance and follow software guidelines, UI design patterns and style guides.
Work with the other software development team members when coordinating on large projects
Translate requirements into software in line with project vision
Participate in the definition of both the functional and non-functional requirements of the system
Participate and contribute in sprint planning, demo and retrospective
Participate in design and code reviews
- BE and / or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in developing Web based application using J2EE, Spring
- Experience producing/ consuming REST Web services
- Experience with micro services architecture
- Strong knowledge of Web Application architecture and Servlet/JSP/JSF programming
- Experience with Eclipse development environment
- Excellent knowledge of database concepts, data modeling tools, and use of relational DBMS.
- Experience using MySql, PostgreSQL and Tomcat technologies and tools
- Experience in Client Server Architecture and Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong written and oral Communication Skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only