Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Part Time Order Fulfillment Picker to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Roanoke, VA facility.
Walk Pickers are responsible for picking appropriate items from stock inventory for redistribution to various locations in the facility. Walk Pickers are critical in ensuring products are distributed appropriately to various other teams around the facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manually pick products off shelves to fill orders
- Transport in-progress orders to location of next item on order list and lift products manually
- Scan products and determine order information using Radio Frequency (RF) units
- Fill boxes with packaging materials to avoid order damage
- Follow safety procedures for equipment used to reduce potential for accidents
- Transport picked orders to packing station to be prepared for shipping
- Build appropriate (correct size) box based on order, weight, and size
- Label boxes with barcodes for product and order tracking
- Follow packaging procedures for pallets to fill large orders
- Monitor equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Review manifests, invoices, and orders to ensure accurate orders
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods including the relative costs and benefits
- Active Learning - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Active Listening - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of other
- Memorization - The ability to remember information such as words, numbers, pictures, and procedures
- Perceptual Speed - The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object
- Visualization - The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged
- Dynamic Flexibility - The ability to quickly and repeatedly bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with your body, arms, and/or legs
- Extent Flexibility - The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs
- Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Near Vision - The ability to see things at a close distance
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Remain standing for an extended period of time; up to eight hours
- Able to perform with constant movement of the arms
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
- Ability to effectively present results and recommendations to senior-level executive team
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No