Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the machining area of the plant to deliver cost and quality targets. The individual serves as the primary contact with our machining supplier in terms of improving the lifespan of tooling inserts and assists with productivity rates, use of proper equipment, and setup reviews.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
In this function you will:
- Interface directly with all levels of manufacturing and product engineering, and be responsible for process improvements and controls, machine capacity/capability studies, equipment selection and qualification, and adherence to company procedures and quality standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing equipment issues and write engineering documents to support changes.
- Assist in design, maintenance and interpretation of meaningful and accurate performance measurement systems to increase production efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Be responsible for all new machining equipment with regards to safe operation.
- Set aggressive goals, measure performance, clear obstacles and drive decisions.
- Identify critical path dependencies and risks; develop risk mitigation plant; drive resolutions of conflicts.
- Apply relevant industry standards to product design, including development and execution of design verification and validation.
- Interface with employees to review CNC machining and tooling rates.
- Interface with tooling supplier to ensure use of proper tooling for production. Work with suppliers to develop better cutting tools for specific PM applications.
- Coordinate and communicate continuous improvement activities with engineering and manufacturing personnel. Proactively identifies, communicates, and may aid in resolution of issues tangential to scope projects
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor of science degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience within a machining environment
- Minimum 1 year of component and tooling insert design experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and how they apply to the product, including practice in design verification and validation
- 3 years of CNC programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance experience
- Six Sigma green/black belt certification
- Proficient in Mastercam
Position Success Criteria:
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise leading cross functional teams- engineering, sourcing, manufacturing.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time