Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking an UI/UX Software Designer to join our team. This position is based at either our Midtown Atlanta or Peachtree City, GA office.
In this role you will directly contribute to the expansion of existing control products and development of our new lighting control products. This position is responsible for designing user interfaces, user workflow, wireframe, user interface design patterns for enterprise & mobile applications based on product requirements, input from field operations & customers and adhering to Eaton usability and branding standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Define wireframe, user interface design patterns, and user workflows based on user centered design
Define user interfaces for a web-based & mobile applications based on product requirements, input from field operations & customers
Develop, document, and maintain user-interface specifications in the form of user flows and wireframes
Articulate product requirements through simple and elegant interaction design
Conduct usability tests and work with product management and visual design team members to refine user experiences
Be an advocate for our users and influence the product team and the overall organization to achieve solutions that are right for users
Create visual assets from the design for the developers to use
Research interaction design and technology trends
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in designing for enterprise web applications
- 2 of years’ experience using Axure and/or other UI prototyping tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, etc
- 2 of years’ experience with content management systems and user configuration applications platforms preferred
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA or Midtown Atlanta, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience conducting usability testing and other research methods to validate the designs
- Significant experience working with responsive design & accessibility requirements
- Previous work experience or internships as an Information Architect, User Experience Designer/Architect, Business Analyst, or Interaction Designer
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum methodologies; we have heavily invested in Agile
- Experience working with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS a plus
- Online portfolio with sample deliverables
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles as they apply to web-based& mobile applications
- A demonstrated ability to present design ideas to members of the development and QA teams and answer (sometimes difficult) questions
- Solid decision-making skills and the ability to articulate your reasoning while taking the bigger product picture into consideration
- Comprehensive knowledge of user interactions and design
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time