Eaton’s Cooper Lighting division is currently seeking a Channel Director, Canada to join our team. This position will be based out of a home office in Canada.
The Channel Director, Canada is responsible for the growth of our sales and wallet share within our electrical wholesale channel within Canada. The Channel Director a primary stakeholder with key strategic accounts at the National level.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to) the following:
- Develops and implements strategic plans and programs with Cooper Lighting Solutions within a specific geography in concert with Product, Marketing and Field Sales management objectives.
- Responsible for managing all regional corporate rebate and buying group relations in the region as well as developing Electro Federation, Affiliated Distributors and other important distributor event scheduling and planning.
- Serves as the primary corporate Cooper Lighting Solutions contact with local and regional channel partners.
- Coordinates and drive Cooper Lighting Solutions sales and marketing initiatives across Canada.
- Serves as the primary lead for channel in the integration of all regional channel national account, enterprise and ESCO opportunities to maximize regional effectiveness.
- Drives and acts as a consultant to the sales leadership team in the development and implementation of the Cooper Lighting Solutions regional distribution plans for their geography.
- Provides strategic direction with our regional channel partners in conjunction with our regional selling teams.
- In conjunction with Regional Sales Managers, supports the planning and optimization of Marketing Development Funds.
- Coordinates with internal resources to support the enablement of Digital initiatives at key strategic channels
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V.. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, Signify N.V. will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of prior experience with industrial sales, sales management and channel development in the electrical industry
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates considered must live in Canada and will work out of a remote office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and financials.
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all organizational levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Product knowledge and established customer relationships
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time