If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Firmware QA Test Engineer in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Defines test strategy, develops detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, and test data sets that validate functional, performance, and load test requirements and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis.
• Develops, execute, and maintain extensible automated tests; skillsets in Python, Java, C# required.
• Designs and implements robust, scalable, high quality Test Automation Suites within a Continuous Integration and Deployment environment to improve quality and productivity of functional, regression, and system tests.
• Leads and participates in project-wide reviews of requirements, system architecture, and detailed design documents; interacts with Management, Architects, and other Leads in a one-to-one or one-to-many meeting format.
• Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures by working with the development team and the defect tracking system.
• Communicates technical concepts and information to internal staff/peers and stakeholders; strong verbal, documentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Identifies opportunities for process, tools, and test methodology improvements, and drives those from concept to implementation.
• Validates official customer product releases and takes responsibility for the end-result.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science Engineering from accredited institution
· 7+ years of experience in Embedded System Testing & Firmware Test tool development.
• 3+ years of development experience in C, Python or C#.
• Experience with creating and defining test plans and test cases for embedded and application software for real time controls at system level.
• Experience developing software testing tools for Linux environments and Windows applications; experience writing integration tests for Continuous Integration and Deployment frameworks.
• 1+ year of experience with reading schematics, and understanding of HW interfaces
• 2+ years in a Team Lead role directing the tasks and work.
• Must have proven track record of validating high quality products.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only