Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division is currently seeking a Lead Engineer. This position will be based at our office in either Chandler, AZ or Wilsonville, OR.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division wants to help you fuel your career!
The Lead Engineer is responsible for managing
design deliverables to maintain project schedule, design budget, design
accuracy, and submittal completeness working in concert with designers. The
Lead Engineer is charged with value added engineering of team designs to
provide a quality product while driving efficiencies.
The purpose of this position is to provide design engineering services instrumental to the completion of major projects. This position is to provide engineering leadership to teams of designers/discipline specific engineers to create complete designs including both electrical and layout packages.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Skills to produce the following:
- Equipment Specifications
- Power system studies
- Single line drawings
- General arrangement drawings
- Three-line drawings
- Wiring/Interconnection diagrams
- Conduit/cable plans
- Lighting plans/drawings
- Lightning protection plans/drawings
- AC/DC Control power drawings
- Grounding drawings/details
- Foundation plans/details
- Equipment Testing Procedures
- Commissioning plans
- Commissioning support
- As-built drawings
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 8 years of electrical or power distribution design experience
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the locations listed to be considered. Active duty military is exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum Fifteen (15) years of substation design experience
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience with PLS-CADD, CYME, CDEGS
- PE License
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to lead/execute low voltage and medium voltage design projects
- Ability to maintain schedule and budget
- Ability to work with and lead teams of engineers from a variety of disciplines
- Single point of contact with project manager on turnkey projects
- Leading engineering estimates to develop scope, budget, and review technical documents
- Knowledge, understanding, and execution of turnkey projects
- Construction estimating and sales support
- Mentoring of engineering team
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA, IEEE
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Periodically submitted to drug & background screens to comply with customer entrance requirements for on-site work.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time