Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work.
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As the Global Category Manager, you will manage all Global Professional Services category and provide Global leadership including sourcing, contracting, contract management and supplier performance management. The sourcing spend responsibility is ~$50M. The Professional Services category will primarily be Human Resources. HR programmes include: Recruitment, Training, Education, Healthcare, Pension, Relocation and Consultants.
Your key deliverables:
- Development of category strategies in collaboration with regional SCM and key stakeholders which satisfy business requirements.
- Aggregating and leveraging global spend, developing supplier contracts and supplier relationships that maximize value and minimize risk for Eaton.
- Delivering an annual Cost Out into the businesses P&L & drive Cost Avoidance of inflationary and discretionary spending items.
- Managing designated categories utilizing the IPO strategic sourcing and supplier management process.
- Collaborating and communicating with SCM regional leaders, stakeholders, Legal and Finance (including Benefits Accounting) on supplier solutions, contract management and supplier performance.
- Leading the negotiation and development of supplier contracts.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement through deployment of common standards and best practices.
Do you have?
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Professional supply chain related certification such as ISM, APICS, etc.
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional experience ideally in supply chain
- Excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
- International business cultural awareness and experience navigating a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders
- MBA in Business or Supply Chain
- Deep knowledge of the various Human Resources Programmes listed above and broader Professional Services categories
- Expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
Then we want to hear from you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time