Eaton’s Electrical Services & Systems Division is currently seeking a Senior CAD Designer to join our team. This position is based at our Wilsonville, OR facility.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team
offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a
power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services
integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned
with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient,
reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Controls group is a full-service automation team. We have capabilities in design, engineering and commissioning of automation solutions for commercial, industrial, and utility grade power systems. Our team of engineers and technicians are experienced in a variety of power system applications and are responsible for implementing modern control designs for our customers.
The Senior CAD designer is responsible for using computer-aided design (CAD) techniques to design power system projects from complex components of field data (notes, sketches, photos, etc.), engineer, and customer specifications.
what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the
world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery
become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like
you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Prepare complex layouts, electrical schematics, details, diagrams, one-lines, plan drawings, and reports (e.g. BOM) using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Compile data required for project assignments and produce notes, specifications, spreadsheets and other related written documents as required.
- Review and discuss information, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of automation solutions for power systems.
- Train less experienced team members in all aspects of mechanical and electrical drafting; recommend methods to increase overall quality, timeliness, and productivity of the team.
- Work with engineers and other designers to continuously improve processes and standards for the team’s project drawing packages.
- Implement changes to drawings per customer specifications, controls engineer feedback and field notes.
- Develop macros, databases (e.g. parts, footprints) libraries and templates in the AutoCAD Electrical environment, including conversion of existing blocks and template drawings from AutoCAD to AutoCAD Electrical.
- Establish and deploy CAD standards and guidelines for the extended team.
- Develop one-lines, 3-lines, site plans, equipment layouts, & construction details for development of design package to support project construction with guidance from design engineering team.
- Develop complex site plans & equipment arrangements based on sketches, measurements, photos, and other input from engineering & field support teams.
- Adhere to UL 508 and NEC requirements for industrial control panel design.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with electrical or mechanical CAD systems in designing and developing mechanical/electrical power systems drawing designs.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in AutoCAD Electrical
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Wilsonville, OR. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Mechanical and electrical design experience
- 3D CAD design experience, Raster Editing
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- United States Secret or Top Secret (TS) government clearances.
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for designing using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks. (AutoCAD Electrical, Microsoft Office, Sharepoint)
- Knowledge of electrical parts, bill of materials and schematics for industrial control systems.
- Knowledge and experience designing control enclosures per UL and NEC standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills working within a team.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution systems and ability to understand and develop one-lines, 3-lines, and equipment layouts related to such systems.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No