At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
Your career matters – and we’re here to make it work. Are you ready?
As a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion, Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. We have approximately 95,000 employees across the world, and sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
As a new Hydraulic Sales Development program participant, you will begin in our Hydraulics headquarters located in Eden Prairie, MN. Eaton Hydraulics provides participants with a structured training and development curriculum; to create a dynamic and well-rounded sales associate with a balance of technical training, soft skill training, presentations, field shadows, and internal projects. Participants will receive training on the Eaton Hydraulics portfolio by experienced instructors, to create a strong technical foundation. They will also have the opportunity to heighten their soft skills. Participants will be involved in several different projects around the office, the departments they will be working with include but are not limited to operational excellence, sales, pricing, customer service, product management and OEM internal sales.
During the course of the year, you will have exposure to sales managers, outside sales representatives, product managers and other important contacts you will need when you are out in the sales field. As participants develop relationships internally, they will go out on field shadows with several different sales associates to gain an understanding of their role and job responsibilities after the program. Upon completion of the program participants will not only be able to sell hydraulic products, but will be able to implement strong account management skills.
At the end of the training period, you will begin your career with Eaton as an outside sales representative in one of the following functions: Retail After Market Account Manager, Distribution Sales Support, OEM Sales Support, or Area Sales Manager.
Outside sales positions, have opportunities throughout the country.
Additional responsibilities during the 1 year program may include:
Develop and grow assigned inside sales accounts.
Support assigned region and mentor on special projects, pricing, customer communication, and customer presentations.
MPS and RPS program management including tracking, monitoring and expediting program timelines as necessary to meet customer requirements
Define and manage specific customer cost out programs. Work directly with supply chain management and plant management to achieve targeted cost out initiatives.
Review and approval of customer drawings and notice of revisions and our conformance to same.
Facilitate and participate as necessary in customer quality audits, evaluations and inquiries.
Actively communicate quality responses to customer for product returns to insure proper charge back and eliminate unwarranted deductions.
Coordination of service parts pricing, part obsolescence and product life cycle issues with the pricing group and product management.
Assist with problem expedite orders. Work directly with Customer Service team and plant management to effectively address problem expedite issues.
Promotes customer satisfaction through active and positive communications and actions.
Provide customers with technical support.
Create internal and external contacts while at Eden Prairie to ensure success out in the field.
Exposure to regional operating plans.
Become proficient in customer relationship management (CRM) operating system, and sales tracking tools.
- Currently possesses, or will have obtained a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a graduation date no later than August 2020
- Minimum of one internship or co-op experience completed at the time of this application
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship on an on-going basis
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Development Program
- Engineering, Business Administration, or Marketing degree
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 2 or more relevant Internship or co-op experiences
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or community
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak second language
*The locations listed on the requisition above are an example of an Eaton location that a participant could be placed at. These locations are not guaranteed and can be changed.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Hydraulics Business to Danfoss A/S.. This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Hydraulics Business and would transfer to Danfoss A/S. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Hydraulics Business when the transaction closes, Danfoss A/S will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time