Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking an Electronic Hardware Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, MI facility.
The Electronic Hardware Engineer will join the Software, Control, and Electronics (SwEC) Center of Excellence (COE) design team within Eaton’s aerospace team. This position reports to the Electrical Engineering Manager within the SwEC COE.
In this role, you will primarily be responsible for development of firmware or software based electronic motor controllers for various commercial and military aerospace applications. This role will include the inclusion of new technology where-ever possible and will include ownership of the overall architecture and hardware design of the controller.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead electronic controls and architecture design activities during the development of systems and sub-systems
- Manage requirements and compliance
- Develop electronic architectures, develop designs, and perform system modeling & analysis
- Research, recommend, innovate, architect, and evaluate new electronic technology and designs
- Lead internal design reviews and supplier reviews
- Provide testing and verification oversight for electronic system and motor control products
- Work with and support mechanical, electrical, software, firmware, test, motor, and specialty engineers to develop products
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing motor controls, power electronics, or circuit design
- Minimum of 3 years’ in Aerospace or similar industry
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Grand Rapids, MI. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution preferred
- Analog and digital electronics, power electronics design for motor drives, power supply design, electronics packaging design, electronic system fault diagnostic and reporting, serial communication, knowledge of firmware and software
- Independent, data based decision making, innovative, ability to work on cross functional teams, technical leadership
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time