If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. ADQS CoE within Eaton IT is responsible for application engineering, development, quality assurance and support. ADQS CoE support team is looking for a Manager - Oracle Financials and Financial Reporting Application Support with functional and technical expertise across various Oracle applications EBS R12 modules (AP, AR, GL, FA, CM, SLA, EB Tax etc.,) with an good understanding of Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report business process cycles and knowledge of Longview and HFM applications., while managing SLAs and KPIs.This exciting role is part of a our IT team in a large multi-national company. The role offers a broad variety of responsibilities including great learning opportunities.This role will be responsible for leading business critical global application support in the areas of Oracle Financials (Unify) and Financial Reporting (Longview and HFM) applications and managing the team for support service delivery. Additionally this role will be responsible for planning future state support model and maturing organization capability for providing Oracle financials functional support. This role will manage a minimum of 13 employees and 4 to 7 contractor resources across all three geographical regions.The position requires managing and interacting with global teams and/or with the customer through daily activities, weekly meetings and/or regular progress reviews. This role will leverage standard IT work processes and ITSM / ITIL methodologies to manage and measure work driving continuous overall system and resource improvement.The Manager - Oracle Financials and Financial Reporting Application Support is responsible for the day to day management of the support team including responsibility to delegate support tasks to the appropriate leads and analysts to ensure a balanced workload throughout the team. Appropriate communication, coordination and reporting will be required to ensure smooth and successful completion of these support needs.Candidate should have complete understanding of end to end service management processes such as incident management, request management, problem management, change management and release management. Through their understanding of the service management process, identifying, measuring, reporting and communicating SLAs with root cause analysis on breaches etc. will be an essential element. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
• Leads Oracle Financials and Financial Reporting Application support and service delivery by leveraging knowledge and experience in Oracle application maintenance.
• Monitors support queue, evaluates incidents / requests and assigns to support team members with right skills and availability.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots complex production issues (including interfaces, reports, customizations extensions and workflows) and drives resolution within agreed SLA’s.
• Monitors incident trends to identify potential problem areas, analyses and provides a permanent solution where possible or a workaround to ensure quality of service and availability is maintained.
• Evaluates and recommends alternative solutions to solve business problems in order to ensure agreed level of service availability.
• Drives efficiency and suggests improvements in Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Problem Management and Change Management processes to enhance productivity and customer satisfaction. (Continuous Improvement)
• Evaluates requests, example new development or enhancements of existing reports, interfaces, customizations, extensions or workflows, assist business leaders to prioritize requests and deliver within agreed service levels by following Eaton’s Request Fulfillment process
• Maintains quality and schedule of deliverables by ensuing proper reviews and approvals of design and code, regression and performance testing as required, obtaining UAT approval before code is moved to production
• Performs peer review of functional and technical design and code. Makes suggestions, recommendations or improvements
• Coordinates month end activities with business users, EDM, Control-M and other production support teams to ensure issues are addressed in timely manner
• Establishes monthly review process with Business and IT leaders, prepares and presents trends and analysis of incidents and requests, problem management activities undertaken by the team
• Manages engagement across all customer groups, IT, Strategic suppliers and vendor partners
• Leads communication and drives recommendations to enable business process improvements across multiple business groups and engages senior leadership as needed
• Defines and gathers operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement
• Participates in benchmarking and comparison to industry standards to improve the activities of the IT department
• Engages customer and IT resources to drive ongoing operational efficiencies and process improvements; Acts as escalation point for complex issue resolution.
• Establishes the necessary training and development to maintain a highly effective, competent staff.
• Provides an understanding of both technology and business concepts and is able to articulate business processes. Recommends improvements to technical and business processes.
• Consults with customers and IT managers to develop, define, and prioritize work assignments and work delivery.
• Ensures quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
• Ensures sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
• Performs risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
• Must have a four year college degree in computer science or related field
• Must have working knowledge of 4 or more of the Oracle applications modules : AP AR, GL, FA, CM, SLA, EB Tax
• Must have good understanding of Procure to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report business process cycles
• Must have strong understanding of IT Service Management and System Development Life Cycle processes
• Should have at least 15+ years of relevant industry experience
• Should have at least two end to end Oracle Implementations experience as functional, technical or techno-functional consultant.
• Should have good understanding of Plan to Produce business process cycle
• Should have working knowledge of FRICEW development methodologies
• Should have understanding of interfaces with other business applications such as Longview / HFM, MarkView, IMD, Concur
• Nice to have Oracle manufacturing functional experience (INV, OM, PO, CST)
• Oracle development skills (SQL PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Forms, AOL, Workflow, OAF, Forms Personalization, APIs) will be an added plus.
• Excellent team player - self-motivated and committed with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of direct customer involvement and strong customer focus
• Demonstrates capability to make quality, strong and timely decisions
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time