Eaton Electrical is currently seeking a Summer Student to join our Switchboards team! This position is based at our Milton, ON facility.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we’re solving some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
Support the processes and department specific objectives at our Milton facility by:
- Preparing material for paint process, identifying appropriate tools and methods to ensure clean smooth surfaces.
- Inspecting final product for cosmetic, coverage, cure, adhesion and thickness.
- Loading and unloading product from the paint line and ensure conveyor to part continuity.
- Using various tools to install and assemble interiors, breakers and assisting with the packaging of panel boards and kits.
- Assisting with the operation of machinery, constructing and assembling cells for production.
- Assisting Assemblers with the switchboard assembly process, wiring sub-assemblies, labeling and maintaining Kanban.
- Supporting material handling at site.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and returning to a College or University program with a focus in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or business.
- This position does not offer relocation, the candidate must live within 80km of the facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Previous Manufacturing experience an asset.
- Strong customer services focus with a commitment to confidentiality, a high level of professionalism and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely, on multiple projects, in a manufacturing environment.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No