Eaton’s Electrical Sector-Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions, is currently seeking a Designer/Drafter to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The Designer/Drafter’s primary responsibility is to interpret and create, sketches, layouts and drawings of raw materials, parts, assemblies, bills-of-material, wiring diagrams, schematics, publications, and specifications, as assigned by engineering supervisor on specific areas of drafting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Prepares drawings with provided instructions defined by project team. Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools.
- Demonstrates ability to possess an attention to detail and develop quality documentation.
- Develops basic database files using MS Excel, label printing instructions and format files for use in product labeling.
- Consults with manufacturing engineers, tool designers, component vendors, and others on matters involving the design and manufacture of assigned products
- Investigates all sources of information (marketing, standards, manufacturing, and engineering) that will aid in developing thorough documentation.
- Prepares drawing releases for all new and revised drawings through an Enovia ECO process.
- Responsible for and produces neat and accurate documentation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates Degree or higher in Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical/Electronic Engineering And/Or Technology from an accredited institution
- CAD experience from work or education
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Moon Township, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Design, or a similar field from an accredited institution
- Experience designing and detailing mechanical or electromechanical systems
- Hands on experience with any finite element analysis software
- Experience with plastic injection molding and metal stamping processes
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to apply or exercise corporate standards related to mechanical or electrical drafting
- Fundamental understanding of plastic injection molding and metal stamping processes
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No