Eaton’s Electrical Sector-Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions, is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The Senior Engineer’s primary responsibility is to lead new product development of circuit protection devices from project initiation to manufacturing launch. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to product line support, value analysis/value engineering (VA/VE), engineering testing, and product listing through global certification agencies. The role will be cross-functional in nature, collaborating with team members in marketing, manufacturing, quality and finance to achieve common goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drive product development using ProLaunch, ProPM and other project management tools.
- Provide technical soundness of design decisions and product changes to facilitate optimal product performance, manufacturing process, reduce cost, improve quality and accommodate special customer needs.
- Use CAD, simulation and other design tools to develop new products.
- Provide technical support to customer and suppliers and lead development of circuit protection products and systems.
- Prevent and correct product performance issues and plan and execute design strategies to optimize product performance and manufacturability.
- Review, control and maintenance of the product structure system (Drawings, BOMs) and responsible to update, generate reports according to engineering and customers’ requirements
- Work with manufacturing plants on plans, processes and strategies to accomplish a trouble-free introduction of products into manufacturing.
- Evaluate needed capital for NPI projects and define product testing and evaluate performance levels according to requirements
- Interface with test lab personnel and other engineering teams to evaluate and resolve product issues in the field and comply with EQS, Lean and EHS procedures and policies to sustain a work environment free of accidents.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years working experience designing and developing mechanical or electromechanical systems
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Moon Township, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineering, or a similar field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of experience with a finite element analysis software
- Previous experience in new product development
- Previous experience with root cause analysis and troubleshooting engineering systems
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Drive Ideation events and other activities to drive innovation and IP generation.
- Interface with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel in establishing quality requirements and process controls for circuit breaker components, sub-assemblies, and final products.
- Fundamental understanding of plastic injection molding and metal stamping processes
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing technologies and their uses in industry
- Knowledge of SPC (Statistical Process Control), Lean, 6 Sigma
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Familiarity with CAD tools – PROE, SolidWorks, AutoCAD or equivalent (and drawing interpretation skills), AS400
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time