Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Market Intelligence Analyst to join our team. This position will be based at our Southfield, MI facility.
The Market Intelligence Analyst is responsible for supporting strategic decisions through the management, accumulation, organization and analysis of global market and OEM program information. This position acquires, translates, synthesizes and communicates Vehicle and eMobility market conditions to support sales, operations and product decisions.
- Leads the execution of a multidimensional database that aligns sales, external third-party forecasts, strategic plan and incoming orders to allow leaders to quickly understand and plan for shifts in our business.
- Supports the Global Market Intelligence Manager with market analysis for operating reviews, rolling forecasts, regional and product staff meetings for Vehicle and eMobility businesses.
- Monitors growth performance versus end-markets with consolidated global strategic plan sales data and analyzes revenue segmentation trends among regions and divisions.
- Supports product, sales, finance, and operations with market analysis, including macroeconomic analysis, market acceptance and trends of technologies, production/sales forecasts, customer news and geographic trend analysis.
- Analyzes latest market outlook (Corporate Economics and outside services) and customer program information to macro-adjust market forecast.
- Identifies and monitors leading vehicle trends and news media for market changes that impact Vehicle Group. Delivers presentations and analysis to leadership.
- Interfaces with Corporate Economics Group to apply knowledge of general economic factors and government regulations affecting local market. Builds explanations of sales mix versus PMI through the development of a consistent reporting mechanism.
- Understands and communicates the impact of technical and regulatory changes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of seven (7) years in automotive product-related activity (engineering, accounting, marketing or sales).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (50-mile radius) of Southfield, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience using Power BI, Tableau or similar analytics and visualization programs.
- Ability to deliver a perspective on an issue when there is a great deal of ambiguity and lack of concrete data.
- Attention to detail. Presentations and analysis should be in a format that is "executive ready".
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with diverse responsibilities and fluctuating workloads.
- Be well organized, with a strong ability to prioritize, and maintain detailed follow-up with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the customer's industry and organization. Develops analysis that links industry issues with Eaton opportunities and challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for key internal/external customer interactions.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel capabilities.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH AUTO Automotive Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time