The Financial Analyst for treasury accounting supports the accounting and compliance requirements of the Eaton legal entities headquartered in EMEA in general, and more specifically is focused on the treasury and factoring centers activities.
The analyst also supports other activities for the organization such as projects, tax plan, treasury and other finance departments.
The analyst is responsible for journal entries and account reconciliations in compliance with Company financial policies, US GAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
The analyst meets reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings while ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results.
The analyst also supports the other teams of the organization in term of project such as tax, IT, valuation projects.
In addition the analyst is responsible for compliance (statutory, audit, statistics and tax) for a number of legal entities in Switzerland and EMEA.
This position also supports the Forecasting process and all US-GAAP compliance related activities.
The analyst will operate closely with various departments (tax, treasury, operations accounting, legal & others), the global financial accounting team, the International Shared Service Centers (ISSC), and the Operating divisions in the region. The function will act as a liaison between the accounting and reporting team located in Switzerland and the International Shared Service Centers in India and Hungary.
The candidate for this position must be self-organized and independent in the execution of daily tasks, he/she must partner effectively with team members and customers in remote locations. Willingness to take the initiative in the resolution of the problems, be a team-player, and ability to provide high analytical and systems savvy solutions are key requirements for this position.
• Prepare and record journal entries
• Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
• Insure the accuracy of the data between the systems
• Support the resolution of out of balances within the group
• Support the compliance reporting and processes for a number of legal entities
• Support the finance organization by participating in various projects
• Ensure ethical standards are maintained
• Various other administrative and support tasks as assigned
• Professional qualification/degree in accounting would be a plus;
• A first experience in finance/ accounting within a multinational environment;
• Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley and US-GAAP desirable;
• Knowledge of MS Office required (Oracle, SAP and/or Hyperion (or similar software) experience desirable;
• Good Excell skills and Powerpoint are a must;
• Ability to operate and deliver independently;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Able to work as part of a team, adhere to company standard processes, practices & policies;
• Demonstrable continued personal development in both technical and behavioral areas;
• Excellent working knowledge of the English and Local Country language desirable
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time