To Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Machine Operator to join our 12-hour day shift team. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
This position is accountable to operate injection molds and perform assembly and packing operations to mold electrical connectors.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) to be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of the position as described above
- Work from drawings, specs, and routers with understanding in material handling
- Understand quality control process of inspection sheets and non-conforming material
- Ability to use hand tools such as precision measuring equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on machinery such as oiling and cleaning. Notify supervisor of more serious problems
- Maintain 6-S (Sort, set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) within work area
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- 2 years’ experience in a multiple process-manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of various measuring instruments and ability to read blueprints
- Ability to use inspection measuring equipment (micrometers, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No