Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
ETE Accounting Team Leader and Transition Manager
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
This is a management role within the Global Financial Services and Systems (GFSS) Function within the Budapest Business Centre. The Budapest BSC works in partnership with Eaton's internal customers to provide a range of services to all our divisions in the EMEA region.
The focus of this role is to ensure the effective delivery of all key finance activities in line with the Eaton financial cycle. The role requires experience of people management, excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus. Effectively manage end to end process to ensure a best practice leading process is adopted to ensure the optimal automation is in place, and is fully in line with Eaton policy, Standard Accounting Principles, and meeting customer expectations.
The individual in the role will be responsible for managing the transition of End to End Financial accounting activities from Eaton Sites in EMEA to GFSS (Budapest). The role requires the individual to participate in fact finding, data health & End to End scoping. This individual is responsible for successfully executing the transition which will primarily include preparation of training and transition plan, ensuring that detailed SOPs are developed and signed-off, operating metrics are aligned and approved and processes are transitioned as per agreed SLAs
- Leading End to End transition projects with a focus on on-time completion with minimal post go-live issues and to ensure project management discipline.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and processes (RTR, OTC & PTP) with due focus in managing end to end accounting in the RTR function. Monitors and analyzes team’s work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Keep an eye on customer requirements & expectation out of financial transition projects & deliver a solution meeting the agreed requirements. Periodic meetings with Finance Transformation team, Plant team & Stakeholders to review project status and performance and monitors closely to close out open issues
- Collaborates with the other stakeholders to support overall goals and objectives. Work closely with Plant Finance/ Division Controller, Global Process Leaders to ensure on-time and successful completion of End to End transition projects
- Ensure the delivery of all standard US GAAP Accounting Processes including month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, analysis, reporting, systems governance and maintenance, and customer support. Effectively manage end to end process to ensure a best practice leading process is adopted to ensure the optimal automation is in place and is fully in line with Eaton policy, and meeting customer expectations
- Ensuring resources within the team are deployed effectively, and efficiently in order to manage customer expectations regarding timely delivery of a high quality product - demonstration of a strong customer focus is key
- Ensure an appropriate controls framework is in place resulting in SOX compliance, and drive a strong accounting and governance culture throughout the accounting team through continuous development and coaching
- Provide team organizational goals and ensure regular meetings are held with team members to discuss progress
- Coach and provide guidance on team member’s development plans, ensuing support is given in order to achieve the plans agreed.
- Manage effectively all queries, issues and offer timely solutions to customers. Provide appropriate communication to customers and ensuring their expectations are appropriately managed
- Support the Finance Manager in coaching and providing guidance on team member’s development plans, ensuing support is given in order to achieve the plans agreed
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on accounting and finance project transition – than please apply.
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5 year finance, accounting or similar relevant experience together with
- 2 years of experience in people management
- Advanced PC / Technical Skills and Experience with Microsoft Office Products including MS Access, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of ERP preferably Oracle / SAP
- Proven track record in delivering process improvement initiatives amd experience of finance modules, ideally Oracle and/or SAP
- Ability to deal with a range of issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Be very solutions driven, analytical and capable of delivering results
- Experienced in providing a high standard of customer care
- Able to work within a large, multi-cultural organization with international stakeholders
- Effective communication, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Strong cross/multi-cultural background and experience; sensitive to cultural differences
- Solid understanding and experience with USGAAP; exposure to SOX
- Additional languages beneficial
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time