Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is seeking a Product Specialist to be based out of our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Product Specialist - Proposals is a skilled technical oral and verbal communicator who creates a well written customer proposal based on customer requests for quotes and/or specifications using quotation systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Determine if customer Request for Quotation or specification is complete enough to provide a quotation or if it fits into the product scope
- Analyze customer Request for Quotation and specification requirements to create a customer proposal which includes price, lead-time, bill of material descriptions, drawings, commercial terms and conditions, technical clarifications and exceptions, and supporting data and information when applicable
- Assist sales on product offerings, alternates, and options if customer information is vague or incomplete. This includes price adders on options and accessories
- Provide real time support and training to outside sales on quotation tool
- Review, cleanse and process orders as required, including approval drawing orders
- Provide non-binding budget pricing via phone or email
- Provide pre-sales technical support to proposals, sales, Inside Sales Representatives, and customers
- Assist in driving and maintaining Eagle systems to insure correctness of quotation information
- Implement process efficiencies in composition of quotations (Enhancements, Eagle Import, Mass Change, Margin Report, Pricing Analytics)
- When required, act as team lead and continuous improvement project lead for proposals
- Maintain ISO procedures and work instructions for proposals as needed
- Support customer complaint root cause analysis and corrective actions for proposals
- Assist scheduling, production and engineering on customer expedite requests as needed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in product support, customer service, inside sales, or proposal support in a technical environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of South Milwaukee will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a technical field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year working with SAP
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using MS Office tools, ERP systems, and a quotation system
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product support, customer service, inside sales, or proposal support in a technical environment
- Experience in the utility industry
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner and demonstrate a good work ethic and positive attitude
- Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multicultural environment
- Ability to work on multiple quotes/orders/projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive quotes/orders/projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Ability to gain, utilize and share technical knowledge
- Very customer and commercial centric
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time