Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an IoT Integration Project Lead Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA or Midtown Atlanta, GA site.
This is a hands-on development engineering role that will drive the integration of new IoT products and features into luminaires in support of our Connected strategy. You will collaborate with cross functional team members including Program and Marketing Managers, Electrical and Firmware Engineers, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Vendors. As an engineer you will develop and deliver high quality connected products using world class development processes and rigorous validation testing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Manager to create the overall project timeline from input of each functional team member as well as define deliverables and drive team to completion.
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with Voice of the Customer data.
- Ensure design progression via 3-D modeling, control and sensor analysis, drawing release, testing plan and third-party compliance.
- Help to define process and procedures for system level integration of lighting and controls.
- Incorporate support for the manufacturing, commissioning and ongoing maintenance of the product / system.
- Ensure project capital budgets and product cost requirements are being met.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain to ensure vendors are identified, quotations are being obtained and quality documents are being supplied.
- Coordinate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
- Conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identify project risks and develop response plans
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, you will be eligible to participate in Signify N.V.’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that Signify N.V’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years product design experience.
- Minimum of 2 years product development processes and/or project management activities.
- Knowledge of product development processes and project management activities, deliverables, and milestones.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA or midtown Atlanta, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with and demonstrated proficiency in Bill of Material / Change Management processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with controllable technology integration.
- Experience with System Level testing.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of product design experience with lighting fixtures or lighting controls
- Working knowledge of LED product design including understanding of electrical parameters and controllable options
- Familiarity with high-level software development and testing
- Familiarity with wireless communication (RF) protocols (e.g., Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth, WiFi, GSM/GPRS, CDMA, GPS)
- Knowledge of third-party certification standards (e.g. UL, FCC, DLC)
- Experience working with cross functional teams
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Excellent English language skills.
- Excellent communication skills – presentation, written and interpersonal and ability to interact with internal / external partners, stakeholders, and project affiliates and management.
- Motivated team player with positive attitude, strong work ethic.
- Team player with good collaboration and integration skills – joining people, processes and systems
- Able to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, time-line and target oriented work environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time