- Identify requirements for CI/CD and DevOps pipeline, working with Stakeholders across Connected Lighting Systems (Embedded, Enterprise & Mobile Apps, Cloud)
- Provide guidance on Industry standard best practices and apply the same towards Connected Lighting products.
- Configure and build servers, build containers (Kubernetes, Docker), for these components.
- Create, maintain, and distribute sane build environments that can be used by developers
- Create and maintain version control systems like Git, Bitbucket and integrate with Development Tools
- Provide guidance for branching strategy and use the same for creating Build & Deployment Pipelines
- Use modern scripting languages, like Python, to automate repetitive tasks in the DevOps pipeline
- Guide configuration & maintenance of Yocto based embedded systems.
- Lead the build, configuration & distribution of iOS and Android Mobile Applications (Hybrid & Native)
- Build and guide configuration for Enterprise Grade Configuration Mgmt Tools as well as builds environment & deployment strategy for Cloud solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of DevOps & CI/CD Experience
- Experience with at least one of the several DevOps needed for Enterprise, Cloud, Mobile OR Embedded and experience with Revision control systems
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA or Midtown Atlanta, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Working knowledge of Yocto based Embedded DevOps for x86, ARM architecture
- Experience with Build Machine configuration, maintenance, updates
- Familiarity and experience with iOS and Android Gradle Build system, with App Deployment & distribution (Provisioning Profiles, Certificate, Signing)
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker for Container based build systems.
- Knowledge of Enterprise grade configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet a plus
- Skilled in writing specifications and end-user documentation
- Experience with Agile methodologies and scrum or Kanban teams
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time