Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking a Sales Manager – Panelboards & Switchboards, for its Electrical Sector Americas Group in the Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) business. This position can be located in either Sumter, SC or the greater Columbia area.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the day to day tactical direction of the Panelboard & Switchboard (P&S) product line sales team across North America. This includes managing P&S negotiation, quotation, sales and customer activities to meet or exceed assigned sales/order volume and price realization objectives in line with product line profitability objectives. The Sales Manager leads the product line sales and application engineers (SAE) and works closely with the P&S Satellite Managers who function as the Territory Sales Managers across the United States.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Panels & Switchboard Sales Manager provides daily commercial guidance and product / technical support, as well as other customer requested support functions to achieve profitable sales growth in line with P&S product line and CRDS objectives. The Sales Manager is responsible for the performance of the product line sales and application engineers (SAE, pre-order) regarding all aspects of proposal / takeoff preparation, project negotiation, interpretation of customer plans and specifications, review of customer terms and conditions, product application and technical support. Responsibilities also include interface with product line management; price band management, product line / business metrics reporting, facilitation of order entry, tactical and strategic planning, and other customer requested activities as required to properly obtain targeted profitable sales growth of the P&S business.
- You will lead the effort to meet or exceed the sales billed, orders entered and price (RPI) objectives of the product line, generating volumes and price required in the P&S plants (Sumter, El Paso, Juarez and Satellites).
- You will achieve sales billed, orders entered and price (RPI) objectives in targeted vertical market segments. You will develop price band strategies, manage price bands (product line) and BidMgr minimums (NAS) to meet or exceed overall price realization objectives.
- You will manage mix between Main Plants / Satellites and within product line.
- You will plan, implement, execute and follow-up sales and marketing strategies within assigned territories. You will assume a leadership role in the formation and execution of sales plans with field sales and Satellite managers (P&S territory sales managers) through the evaluation of competitive product offerings and tactics. You will be responsible for driving product line market share growth.
- You will lead direct reports and guide field sales engineers in product application, value added engineering opportunities, negotiation strategies and order closing activities. This includes providing commercial and product support to P&S front end and product line team members.
- You will lead direct reports in the development of pricing strategies / programs specific to product line initiatives including but not limited to the development (and maintenance) of Bid Manager and other e-Tools.
- You will lead P&S Market Segment / Solutions teams to help drive penetration of core and emerging vertical market segments. This includes advising the Product Line Manager (PLM), engineering, product development & management on market conditions, negotiation rates, customer requirements of service / product features, competitive pricing / lead-times / product offerings, and industry standards. You will report new product development needs (VOC) to product line.
- You will develop the business with existing and new customers. You will establish, grow and maintain “win-win” relationships with P&S customers, effectively train the staff in developing customer relationships, value engineering, product and market knowledge, and clearly communicate the P&S product line and CRDS strategic plans to direct reports, field sales and customers
- You will complete monthly P&S Business metrics / reporting and NAS / Satellite territory metrics / reporting, perform analysis and generate specific product line reporting as needed, develop accurate monthly forecasts with PLM relative to OE rates, market trends, create and deliver presentations and spreadsheets (representing product line) for Ops reviews, staff meetings, NAS meetings, customer visits, profit plans and strategic plans.
- You will travel and make sales calls on customers and distributors (with NAS or GCDs) to promote P&S products and capabilities, secure orders and address customer needs. You will host and entertain customers, distributors and field sales when they visit the plant, conduct training sessions for customers, distributors and field sales to promote the capabilities of the product line and our manufacturing facilities, attend and present at NAS district meetings.
- You will maintain a leadership role within the Product Line and Sumter plant, develop staff members to create a high-performance team, drive high level of engagement with P&S internal customers / stakeholders (NAS, Satellite Managers, Industry Marketing / Global Client Directors, Project Management, Eaton Care, etc.) in managing the tactical day to day business.
- You will manage sales channel (working with NAS) and distributor pricing and develop sales plans for growth where needed (working with NAS).
- Work closely with P&S Satellite Managers (who are the Territory Sales Managers for P&S) to develop / align / execute strategies & plans to achieve overall Product Line, Territory and Sumter sales, profitability and market share objectives.
- Determines customer / market segment targets to enhance objectives. Develop plans to capture targets.
- Ability to influence the behavior of customers & develop long lasting relationships / partnerships.
- Ability to motivate / direct activity of sales engineers to achieve objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates sales engineer productivity. Develops / obtains tools to enhance performance. Develops organization, building product line bench / capability.
- Ability to be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner is essential to success -- oral, written, and in presentation format. Interfaces include upper management, peers, subordinates, and customers (external and internal).
- Evaluate market conditions (potential, economic environment, competitor tactics / product offering) in order to provide / set volume forecasts and price level expectations.
- Determines product requirements for acceptance in the marketplace and provides this input to product development / product line management functions.
- Identifies, develops, and / or produces marketing collateral enhancing sales values or product line objectives.
- Ensure department is in compliance with ISO and Quality standards; ensure product is in compliance with UL and NEMA standards; Ensure employee and customer health and safety responsibilities are met; support and development understanding of EBS & MESH programs.
- Minimum of 5 years outside field sales experience, P&S / Product Line experience or combination thereof.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Minimum of 2 years of management of people experience.
- Panelboard and Switchboard product and application knowledge.
- Strong working knowledge of e-Tools, Bid Manager, Mentor, Sales Reporting, VISTA.
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proven track record of business and customer development in assigned responsibilities.
- Strong leadership, team building, and motivational skills.
- Good business acumen. Ability to develop and execute tactical and strategic plans.
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation and complete benefits
- This position can be located in either Sumter, SC or the greater Columbia area
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time