Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a 2nd Shift Maintenance Technician to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, Wisconsin facility and will support 2nd shift operations.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for industrial manufacturing mechanical system work to include layout, relocation, installation, maintenance and repair of facilities, building mechanical systems, machinery and equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning machines, equipment, and small tools/parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Perform building maintenance, such as painting and carpentry.
- Assist in maintaining in-house wastewater treatment facility.
- Operate various industrial vehicles used in material/machine moving.
- Assist in installation and relocation involving machines and equipment.
- Perform simple electrical maintenance activities.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years industrial/facilities maintenance experience.
- Technical college certification in industrial/facilities maintenance.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Knowledge in PLC, circuitry and programing
- Military mechanical repair experience or equivalent
- Firm knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electomechanical systems
Position Success Criteria:
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Active listening
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only