- Manages and directs all operations activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Assesses performance indicators, and takes appropriate actions, to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals are met.
- Provides for prudent investment into training and development, capital equipment and technology development to assure organizational, manufacturing, product and market leadership.
- Assures policies, procedures, and other documentation are established to provide for consistent and professional operation of all organizational functions.
- Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance.
- Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer product development and manufacturing delivery times are met.
- Assures that Environmental, Health, Safety, Data security, Waste and Hazardous substance issues are addressed considering local law , local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship.
- Develops and maintains innovative and effective cost reduction programs throughout operations.
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and financial requirements.
- Coordinates and assists with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business. MBA Preferred.
- Strong equivalent experience with progressive levels of responsibility in manufacturing, engineering, finance, sales, etc.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Multiple years of related professional and Supervisory/Managerial experience.
- German and English language fluency is required.
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal, written) to be able to represent the Eaton Plant internally and externally.
- Management and leadership skills and social understanding.
- Great working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time