Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking an E-Reman Test Development Lead Engineer to join our team. This position will be based at one of these three facilities: Galesburg, Michigan, Southfield, Michigan or Indianapolis, Indiana.
The E-Reman Test Development Engineer will be responsible for the creation and execution of end of line test specifications to ensure proper operation of all electronic remanufactured products. Additionally, the role is responsible for ensuring on-time launch, training, and deployment of the test procedure within the launch phase of all remanufactured electronic components. This role will interface and work collaboratively with the Advanced Electronics Engineer to ensure the tests created meet the first fit operation of all products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop all software and hardware end of line testing to achieve 0 defects in field operation including traceability of each component tests prior to release for sale.
- Validate all testing prior to implementation for each component to be remanufactured
- Develop workstation testing and fixturing to ensure remanufacture electronics and mechatronics product can be completed safely.
- Train production personnel on all testing processes.
- Maintain a process revision system to ensure production personnel always are using the latest version of the testing and testing processes.
- Ensure completion of information, processes and equipment to achieve on-time and on-budget product launches
- Achieve product launch cost levels for remanufacturing through the process development
- Achieve sales, profit, and warranty cost savings from new business
- Achieve CONC targets for warranty of remanufactured products
- Know and follow safety procedures and rules including compliance requirements to ensure a safe work environment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years of experience on OEM Remanufacturing programs and electronic reman testing process development.
- Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Working experience in Electronics Remanufacturing or a combination of Engineering and test development.
- Proficiency in lab review, vehicle protocol and electronics board design.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others decision making
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with the ability to present necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customers
- Analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the remanufacturing industry
- Estimated travel up to 50% (including international)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time