Eaton’s Electrical B-Line Division is currently seeking an Associate Planner to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, Nevada location.
The Associate Planner role is responsible for Executing MRP and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work on the factory floor. The Associate Planner will communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required. This role will also initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Review and maintain SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
- Communicate frequently and proactively with customer service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
- Participate in lean daily management system (LDMS) activities and support the factory tier process as required.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining days on hand goal levels.
- Track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
- Expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain.
- Inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions.
- Analyzes forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained.
- Perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products and participate as assigned on new product development teams.
- Understands and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) responsibilities by following established EHS policies, procedures, training and team member involvement activities. Responsible for the ownership of at least one EHS element for the site.
- Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supply chain management, purchasing, scheduling, planning or inventory management in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles or Reno, Nevada will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution.
- SAP business system experience preferred but not required.
- APICS/CPIM certification preferred but not required.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.#LI-SR1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No