Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Returns Clerk to join our team. This position is based at our facility in Perth, Ontario.
The Returns Clerk receives and reviews requests from customers to return products and issue Return Authorizations. This position inspects, approves or rejects returned material, and effectively communicates actions to the Burlington accounting team, customer service and our customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Receive and review customer requests to return products to Perth (excess stock, warranty, order errors, products for modification etc.).
- Issue Return Authorizations (electronically or manually) to the customer where appropriate or provides an explanation where not approved.
- Utilize the RMA (Return Material Authorization) system and the Returns & Adjustment Policy to evaluate returns and accept or reject claims.
- Work with marketing managers to get approvals for larger return requests.
- Process and maintain data through databases, spreadsheets, updates system information and functionality.
- Forwards accepted material to the warehouse together with Receiving paperwork for return to stock. Updates system information to notify accounting of customer credits.
- Inspect returned product and accompanying documentation to determine the status and acceptability of the return.
- Communicates with Customer, and Customer Service and at times may also deal with Product Managers or Engineering when addressing issues or non-standard returns Performs other related duties as assigned in the Quality Department or elsewhere as required including acting as the back up for the Returns Inspector.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or Grade 12 graduate from an accredited institution is required.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80km of Perth to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Previous related work experience in a customer service type role is preferred.
- Post-secondary school preferred.
- Experience with our line of electrical products, familiarity with Eaton’s part numbering and various facility operating systems is preferable.
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts.
- A good mechanical aptitude, good organization, communication & interpersonal skills are required.
- Intermediate computer skills together with a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision, flexible and also function as part of a multifunctional team. Needs to be self-motivated.
Accessibility Policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No