This position assists in the operations of the Human Resources function for our Hydraulics global product divisions and global functions. You will support recruitment, hiring, onboarding, leave of absences, and performance management in a complex and culturally diverse atmosphere. This position reports to the HR Manager and will assist with creating and implementing the HR best practices.
- Supports achievement of overall objectives through the implementation of effective HR strategies for the Hydraulics Manufacturing and Materials teams.
- Will manage and oversee the talent acquisition process to provide a positive experience with all candidates: sourcing, interviewing and selection, and successful onboarding.
- Provides guidance & handles human resource related inquiries. Advocate employee communication processes that inform employees, as well as assure two-way communications between employees and management.
- Manage annual internship program: plan and coordinate efforts, manage talent acquisition, manage onboarding and development of interns and help create a positive internship employment brand.
- Support Eden Prairie campus community involvement program and Events planning committees as an active member of both.
- Support Eaton’s employment branding efforts: Twin Cities networking initiatives and representing Eaton to external audiences.
- Partner with local and remote peers, including HR Business Partners, TAC, UR, HRS teams and HR site leads to work collaboratively, share best practices, leverage projects and learnings, and drive consistency in programs, practices, and communications where appropriate.
- Support and execute comprehensive retention strategies through progressive HR practices, tools and market analysis.
- Stay informed on appropriate and related state and national trends for our industry.
- Drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content alignment with the Eaton Business System.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s ethics, goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement. Promote participation in in various ERG’s within the organization.
- Support business initiatives, including Sector functional excellence objectives and activities, and campus related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years applicable Talent Acquisition OR human resources experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related area.
- Recruitment and I&D experience
- Proven ability to effectively communicate across multiple functions and regions
- Experience performing analytics in Excel and other advanced tools and translating information into presentations and other communication channels.
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Ability to use analytical decision making
- Knowledge of US labor laws in HR related subject matter including: recruitment & selection, workers compensation, disability management, compensation, benefits & data privacy
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time