Eaton Aerospace Group located in Los Angeles, CA (near Glendale metro) has an opening for an Assembler and Tester - A on 2nd shift.
The LA facility has approximately 350 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets. Responsible for assembling and testing hydraulic and/or pneumatic and electronic components as specified in applicable documents with little or no supervision.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Operate in team environment
- Read blueprints and schematics (hydraulics/electrical)
- Follow and complete process documentation
- Report labor in MRP system
- Inspect accuracy of documentation.
- Use hand bench and power tools and measuring instruments, including transducers, oscilloscopes, virtual instruments and test boxes.
- Assemble and disassemble and test basic and complex sub-assemblies and valve assemblies.
- Lap all required surfaces with proper tooling techniques and compounds.
- Complies with Eaton standard policies and procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis and fault isolation.
- Reject and report discrepant materials.
- Identify and communicate basic documentation issues and looks for ways to improve and implement changes to current processes and procedures.
- Requires a high degree of skill in assembly and test technique, plus extensive experience and knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical principles.
- Ability to assist less experienced technicians.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in hydraulic assembly and test required.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles, CA (zip code 90039) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 5 years of experience in hydraulics assembly and testing.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Lock wire and safety wire experience.
- Experience in set-up and use of XY plotter, oscilloscopes, and pressure transducer.
- Solder certification.
- ESD certification.
- Experience working in FAA environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No