If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and Agile practices.
- Candidate must have strong understanding of UI, adaptive/responsive design and current web standards.
- Hands-on experience with Web and Mobile Applications
- Experience with information architecture, user interface development, and interaction design principles.
- Understanding of user research, prototyping and usability testing
- Understands and strives for “pixel-perfect” execution
- Strong portfolio or functional examples demonstrating past work
- Strong understanding of front-end web technologies, specifically React.js, React Native, and Angular, and their impacts on the feasibility of design solutions.
- This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting product teams, design adopters and contractors with user interface development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design/Industrial design/ Computer Science /Electronics/Electrical Engineering from reputed college.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience with object-oriented programming
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience developing mobile-first or mobile-native apps
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience working as a User Interface Developer on interactive projects
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience with test-driven development and writing Unit Tests
- Minimum 2+ years’ knowledge of REST APIs
- Minimum 2+ years’ with a source/version control system (e.g. Git)
- Examples of past work including functional code samples and finished User Interfaces
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working on a distributed team
- A thorough understanding and integration of Design Thinking and User Experience principles in product development.
- Familiarity with Material Design System (Material.io)
- Experience developing on Windows, Mac, & Linux
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Online Portfolio/Code Samples to provide for review
- Good People manager, good lister, understands the dynamics of team leadership. Exceptional communications skills, verbally and in writing, are required
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only