Eaton in Amarillo, TX is seeking a full-time Grinder to work 2nd Shift.
The Grinder position will perform functions and duties in the foundry related to finishing a casting, including shakeout, shot blasting, sorting, and visual inspection.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Visually inspect and manually sort castings according to finishing needs
- Use a snag grinder and/or face grinder to remove casting defects following established procedures
- Place castings in appropriate containers to prevent product mixing
- Perform a variety of duties to clean castings using shot-blast machine
- Direct castings from conveyor into tubs on the shakeout operation
- Handle castings and visually inspect and sort castings according to finishing needs
- Perform material handling duties as required
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manger
- Other duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Amarillo, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Prior experience using grinding wheels
- Prior experience in an industrial setting
- Understanding of material movement
- Prior experience operating a forklift
- Understand and utilize the lockout/tagout procedures
- Work at varied heights using fall protection as required
- Ability to climb ladders
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No