Eaton’s Wright Line Division is currently seeking an Application Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA location or a remote home office.
The Applications Engineer provides world class
CAD Design development and layouts which assist our Product Marketing and
External Sales Team. The Applications Engineer will be responsible for
designing creative and market leading Furniture CAD designs and layout, using
their design experiences, and extensive technical knowledge of our Eaton
Furniture product line, as well as current industry standards and market trends.
This role will also be responsible for supporting the delivery of profitable growth by creating new bid packages that will be presented to the customer along with the CAD Designs they create in AutoCad and the Ice program. This role will also require travel to accompany sales to view the potential opportunity and present design solutions to the customers. The products for this position are manufactured in Worcester, MA.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Understand customer’s RFQ requirements, translate needs into creative and market leading Furniture CAD Designs & Room Layouts.
- Provide VOC (Voice of the customer) feedback to Sales and Product market when making design and new product development decisions.
- Present CAD Designs and Room layouts to both External Sales and potential new customers via phone and Webex.
- In-person customer interfacing to present designs and generate new executions for the customer.
- Create new Bid Package Presentation to increase chance of winning future projects.
- Contribute to internal NPD & VAVE product projects
- Provide guidance to Associate Application Engineer
- Provide assistance in creation of Sales/Marketing Sheets
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years sales and/or CAD Experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Worcester, MA will be considered. If candidates do not currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Worcester, they will work from a remote home office. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 2 years of CAD design experience.
- Expertise in both Technical Office & General Office Furniture product lines
- Strong customer and sales presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Become an expert in both Technical & General Office Furniture product lines.
- Expert in Auto CAD, Ice, and Adobe programs.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Word, & Powerpoint)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Maintains a positive attitude under stress
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize while working in a fast-paced, changing
- Appropriate mechanical aptitude to understand product applications at end user level.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time