Eaton’s North American Sales Division is currently seeking a Senior Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Tukwila, WA location. Relocation Assistance will be provided.
The primary function of the Senior Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, and end users.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the
passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s
where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and
where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support.
- Communicate with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits.
- Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications.
- Provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution.
- Awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions.
- Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals.
- Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in electrical sales
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of key customers within sales territories.
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills.
- Commands knowledge of Eaton Electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight.
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships.
- Skilled in Bidmanager and Vista.
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors.
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational need.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time