Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business has an opening for
Global Product Line Manager (GPLM) & Business Unit Manager - MTL
The Global Product Line Manager – MTL is responsible for the short and long-range growth and profitability of the product line and the proportionate contribution to the over-all growth and profitability of Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business in support of established goals and objectives.
This position requires an understanding of global markets and technology trends in the Harsh and Hazardous markets, especially in the space of Intrinsic Safety. The incumbent will develop, direct and coordinate a regional organization with functional responsibilities for business development and strategy, sales, marketing and product management.
Initial profit center responsibilities will exceed $100M in annual revenue in 2020 with a charter to define and execute a strategic growth plan intended to strengthen MTL’s position as the leader in the process connectivity market.
The success of the position is measured by increased sales penetration into existing accounts and growth with new customers and markets as well as meeting pre-established operational performance objectives while meeting over-all business profitability goals.
- Own and execute the annual strategic growth and operating plan consistent with the results and behavior objectives of the business
- Responsible for leading all business and functional support operations. Work closely with division and regional staff to deliver functional process standardization and the application of consistent and rigorous performance metrics.
- Accountable for full profit center performance. Ensure operational execution and financial performance to deliver the agreed profit plan
- Execute established goals for sales growth, market share, profit contribution and return on investment to achieve results through leadership on new growth opportunities for both the established market and new opportunities
- Align with business unit operations, supply chain and logistics to assure high level of customer satisfaction with delivery, quality and services
- Build high performance culture and organizational capability. Establish organizational structure and identify and appoint functional staff leaders. Through effective hiring, placement, development, and motivation build a pro-active group of self-starting employees with a “customer first” attitude
- Coordinate a unified direction between sales, marketing, engineering and operations through effective global communication and feedback of marketing and product line planning, ensuring the product portfolio provides enhance offerings, improved reliability and impact the strategic direction of technowledge and new product development. Implement effective strategies to forecast customers interest and develop differential and competitive advantages
- Lead the strategic account management to enhance product offerings, improve reliability and impact new product development. Drive disciplined approach to projects and programs through integration of business tools including EBS (Eaton Business System), Value Selling, Six Sigma, Eaton Lean System and PROLaunch (Eaton’s Product Launch process)
- Ensure a safe work environment for all employees through implementation of safety awareness programs and compliance with EHS, OSHA and similar regulatory requirements
Some of the areas you are likely to have experience in:
- Four Year Degree in Business or Technology, MBA desirable
- Proven business leadership with prior interactions with senior executive teams and operating internationally
- Direct profit center accountability with a track record of delivering sustained profitable revenue growth and creating shareholder value
- Financial competence, familiarity with planning, forecasting P&L and operational management
- Experience with international business, global business planning and global channel development
- Accustomed to frequent customer interfaces
- Prior experience in product marketing, planning and sales in large capital, government projects
- Leadership and proven results in long selling cycles businesses
- Confident leader in a “change” environment, driven by rapidly evolving business strategy. The ability to enhance or improve stated top level objectives by effective direction and delegation
- Collaborative and inclusive personal style to ensure effective resolution, determination and deployment of cross functional policies, tools and metrics with peers and associates
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time