Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Production Associate, Switchboard Assembly in Set-Up 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The production associate in switchboard assembly will correctly select and install, in accordance to drawings/diagram/blueprints, various components/devices with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Work from manufacturing information such as front views, bill of materials, drawings, blueprints, order entry systems, and oral or written instructions in order to assemble switchboards and proactively identify missing components.
- Utilize various hand tools and a tape measure to accurately measure and install material by closely following established procedures for completing assigned function.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or part shortages.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- Responsible for quality, including visual inspections of material before and after assembly, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- Cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
- Experience in assembly operation, or assembly requiring drawings or diagrams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Proficient with computers and programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs.
- Utilize various hand tools to assemble and verify quality in switchboards in a Lean environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend front views, one-line diagrams, bills of material, tape measure, and pick sheets.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No