Eaton’s is currently seeking a Lead Analyst in Global Financial Accounting to join our team. This position is based at our corporate location in Beachwood, OH. At Eaton, our finance team drives our fiscal health and properly manages capital in order to support our strategic objectives.
In this role you will assist in the monthly close process and provide management with timely and accurate financial data that aids in the decision-making process. You will also analyze and correct financial data through use of various accounting systems. You will have broad exposure to the International Treasury Accounting team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Prepare reports for senior leaders, the Board of Directors, and external SEC filings
- Analyze global financial results to gain understanding of key business drivers
- Partner with various corporate an operational cross-functional teams for the purpose of supplying or explaining data, providing advice on accounting matters or driving process improvements
- Perform corporate ledger accounting and prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
- Participate in financial accounting projects, providing technical guidance and ensuring proper US GAAP accounting
- Support audit requests (both internal and external), Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and testing
- Assist with second level balance sheet reviews as needed
- Assist with analysis of foreign exchange impacts
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, and/or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of accounting experience
- This position does not provide relocation. Candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of Eaton's Beachwood, OH facility to be considered.
- This position does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient software and system skills (Oracle, SAP, HFM, Microsoft Office)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in a global environment
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Highly self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to improve processes,
both technical and analytical
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time