To Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
This position is responsible for machine maintenance, repair, and safety-related corrective actions for the Pack Center and facility on 2nd shift. Partner with internal customers to maintain equipment within the facility. Assisting Maintenance Lead with facility duties
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair electric powered lift equipment (sit down forklift, stand up reach forklift, walk/ride pallet jack)
- Sets up and operates machinery to perform job specifications
- Performs preventative maintenance per annual schedule
- Skillfully uses machine tools, hand tools, and measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot and maintain fixed machinery
- Act as back up to Maintenance Lead when needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an operation or warehouse environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- 2 years Technical School
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Knowledgeable of assembly and machine repair techniques
- Possesses solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Must have great attention to detail and focus on safety
- Be flexible, ability to adapt to changing schedule (i.e Hot orders, drop-in orders)
- Be a team player, have a positive attitude
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for 8 hours per day
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS WD Wiring Devices
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No