If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Program Manager in Eaton’s Vehicle business, based in Xi’an, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Manages the project lifecycle from development through launch while achieving business case financials of the NPI Program(s)/ STP Program(s) and projects.
- Creates project schedules while keeping cross functional team focused on critical path and milestone attainment
- Executes IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Leads team members assigned to the to the project by using appropriate leadership techniques. Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division. Identifies and works with functions to resolve resource constraints. Elevates concerns to leadership team to assist with resource constraint resolution.
- Manages effective customer communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Manages team performance based on Focus 5 expectations.
- Updates and manages ProPM timely and accurately
- Holds team members accountable to work break down structure and project expectations
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Provides program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (Business or Technical)
Minimum 6 years’ business experience in an engineering or manufacturing organization
Minimum of 3 years of program or project management experience
English language proficiency
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
Master of Business Administration
Experience in Vehicle New Product Introduction (NPI) programs / Manufacturing Line/ Facility Moves (STP)
Work experience in Program Management or a combination of Engineering and Product Development
Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time