Location: Temelli - Ankara, Turkey
Would you like to make a difference? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As a Front End Application Engineer, you will provide design assistance and application support to Eaton PDD’s customers, sales managers, business development, Sales Country Organizations (SCO), EPCs, consulting engineers and channel partners in the territory/market for electro-technical installations and enhance the value generated for customers. You will also provide necessary safety precautions and calculations during FEED, quotation and pre-order stage, in accordance with company guidelines and procedures, to reach a for all parties involved acceptable solution for complex technical issues. You can act as lead engineer in execution stage for larger and complex projects.
You will work within the Front End Application Team and will report to the team leader who reports into the Pre-Order & Product-Line Director Systems.
Your Key Deliverables:
- To determine, instruct and lead the technical quality and content of the quotation process. To read, interpret and agree on customer specifications in order to create a competitive Eaton solution including mechanical, electrical, safety and control systems, SCADA and PLC software applications.
- To visit, inform and advise Eaton colleagues and/or customers and/or third parties – representing the company as a technical consultant - at all organizational levels about technical possibilities of products, systems and services during FEED, quotation and pre-order stages within the given authority level and in close co-operation with sales management, in order to build up and maintain strong relationships.
- You will lead the technical part of Approved Vendor List or Tender processes in key segments like Utilities, Oil & Gas, Data Centers, and Heavy Industry.
- Influence and drive Eaton technical content and differentiators in target customer specifications.
- You will advise on 3rd party or special equipment materials (material cost and labor/ engineering efforts) in order to provide technical competitive solutions to quotation engineers. Writing technical RFQs for non-Eaton items that are part of a project and drive SCM for technical compliant bids.
- You will analyze electrical and/or mechanical faults and advise customers about possible technical solutions with regards to complete (company own or competitive) systems, in close co-operation with sales management in order to solve customer’s problems without endangering the company’s image or financial position.
- Clean hand over to Order Management and Manufacturing Engineering systems engineers to ensure technical compliance in order stage based on agreed customer solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of work experience in electrical engineering
- Detailed architecture knowledge regarding Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, Power Systems Automation including transformers/ generators, packaged substations
- Knowledge about electrical and mechanical Engineering, Calculation, Studies and Manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge about Safety and Control systems and (Inter)national standards
- Possession of necessary computer skills including: Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office applications, and other product configuration tools like Bidmanager.
- Strong organizational, presentation, communication and time management skills, results driven.
- Ability to work within an international, culturally diverse and matrix based organisation.
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong language capability in English. Turkish is highly preferred.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton Offers
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us.
- Culture& Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion& Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
- Learning& Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time