If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Mechanical Engineer in Eaton’s CPCD, based in Suzhou, China. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
1. Develop design project goals & objectives, analyzes feasibility of new products in line with marketing strategy and technical criteria.
2. Benchmark competitors’ products and technology advancements.
3. Understand design procedure, new technologies and engineering techniques.
4. Design, development and justify and guide the installation of new Engineering concept for comprehensive overall improvement including use of statistical tools.
5. Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budget time and cost constraints. Keep all related project documentation well controlled.
6. Designs the plans of various components in order for technical support, application support, production line support.
7. Responsibility for appropriate prototype testing and evaluating of products, parts, equipment, tools and systems, along with necessary corrective follow-up.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
At least 3 years experience as an engineer or equivalent and could entail as much as five or six of recognized team and progressive individual experience.
Experience in metal and molded plastic designs.
- Familiar with using the Pro/E both 2D and 3D
Extensive knowledge of product design and development (low voltage is better), required process and quality control
Understand knowledge of material and manufacture process; ability to utilize Design for Six Sigma tools to insure design robust
Good communication skill, fluent English both in written and oral;
- Strong team work spirit.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PDD CPCD Circuit Protection and Controls Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time