Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, design, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates
- Interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers
- Provide technical solutions to customers that may involve equipment design or upgrades, testing of equipment, solutions relating to increase safety, reliability, or efficiency
- Mentor or lead other engineers on medium sized projects
- Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash
- Ability to run medium studies and projects unassisted
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of engineering experience
- Must be able to work legally within the United States without company sponsorship
- All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the work location listed. No relocation is being offered for this position. Active military is exempt from the geographical limitation.
- 5-7 years of engineering experience
- Bachelor Degree focused in power from an accredited institution
- PE License
- IEEE Membership
- Active in Local IEEE
- Experience in the use of SKM, ETAP, CYME, or EasyPower
- Power Quality Measurements, Harmonic Analysis
- Basic Distribution System Design
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks but not limited on a Frequent, Occasional or Seldom Basis: repetitive lifting/carrying, pushing/pulling, standing, climbing, squatting, bending, kneeling, driving extended distances. Incumbent may perform electrical engineering and service work (i.e. physical and mental activities) on equipment ranging from 5V DC (logic devices, zone interlocking signals, etc.) up to 750KV.
- They may also be required to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions from high heat and high humidity to subzero cold.
- Incumbent may also work at sites with areas that have poor lighting, ventilation, and dust. They may also be exposed to high noise levels.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time