Eaton’s Life Safety and Mass Notification Solutions Division is currently seeking a Production Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Long Branch, NJ facility.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day manufacturing operation activities for all Eaton Life Safety & Mass Notification System product lines consistent with safety, quality, on-time delivery and cost productivity. Focus on integrating key Eaton business initiatives such as Eaton Business System (EBS), OpA and related tools such as; 5S, Lean, MESH, Continuous Improvement Framework, etc.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure resources are deployed to satisfy the production schedule while optimizing cost.
- Through the deployment of Continuous Improvement Framework and Eaton Lean Six Sigma methodologies, drive production performance to meet and exceed high five targets.
- Deliver projects to improve productivity and reduce manufacturing costs. Manage resource availability to align to short, medium- and long-term manufacturing requirements.
- Promote customer focus through the improvement of quality and OTTR metrics. Mentor manage and coach Front Line Leaders to ensure a high-performing, highly engaged and satisfied workforce.
- Ensure day to day communications with employees is maintained through a system of tier meetings and tool box talks.
- Drive Eaton’s Strategy, Culture, Ethics, Values and Philosophy (EVP) to create a work environment of committed and engaged employees through communication, performance management, and other key people initiatives.
- Engage Union leadership through participating in monthly Union/Management meetings to drive employee engagement and continuous improvement. Lead the Front Line Leaders utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in operations/manufacturing.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Long Branch, NJ facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Experience working with ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- Lean/Continuous Improvement manufacturing experience.
- Previous union experience, preferred.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time