Eaton is seeking a Director of Sourcing for its Crouse-Hinds, B-Line, and Oil & Gas Division in the Electrical Sector. This position can be based at any Eaton US Facility, preferably at one of our Crouse-Hinds or B-Line divisional sites.
This role is responsible for leading the Global Commodity Management and Sourcing Teams. This role also develops Make/Buy strategies that align this externally supplied production material to CHBL Operations. The prime function is to lead a team of commodity managers, regional sourcing managers and site buyers to drive sourcing strategy, define sourcing cost gaps, align an approved supplier list and exceed sourcing cost out targets. The right individual drives lower materials costs and supplier performance, including process and service improvements and productivity throughout the supply chain. A key success driver is the ability to work cross-functionally to develop and implement purchasing strategies that establish long-term sourcing partnerships, identifying & developing cost reduction opportunities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Provides strategies for all key commodities, regional spend levels and day to day purchasing while leveraging the broader Eaton SCM Organization
- Supports and develops core vendors and strategies that maximize cost, delivery and transaction cost
- Keeps informed on all laws & regulations affecting purchasing & delivery of items procured in all regions
- Authors commodity strategies that allow global leverage, cost transparency and a world class supply base
- Authors regional sourcing initiatives that tie operation strategies to purchasing leverage
- Initiates a best cost sourcing model, develops new suppliers and creates procurement strategies
- Negotiates major purchase agreements as assigned with direction and support from the Global Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Manages S-OTD, PPV, AR, Inventory, Supplier Quality and MCER Inflation to required levels consistently.
- Contributes to the implementations of VAVE, Lean Manufacturing, Lean Supply Chain and Six Sigma methodology in all plants.
- Develops with HR an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance. Develops managerial and other talents necessary to achieve long range objectives by effective direction and training.
- Evaluates and manages the Purchase for Resale team’s performance providing additional strength and depth to meet customer’s expectations of lead time and service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 7 years of experience in a manufacturing operations environment.
- Sourcing and management experience across multiple sites; including buying practices, MRO, contract administration
- Experience of production planning, materials management and global sourcing
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing systems, particularly MRP and JIT
- Experience with supplier quality assurance and supplier capability audits; including knowledge of PPAP, DOE, FMEA.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- The incumbent must possess a strong sense of urgency, ownership and effective communication skills
- Travel is required 20% of the time
- Demonstrable track record of successful supplier selection and development
- Demonstrable record of continuous improvement in sourcing KPI’s
- MBA Preferred
- Experience and detailed knowledge of data warehouse applications preferable
- Strong working knowledge of SAP system, concentrated in purchasing roles and transactions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time