Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Project Manager to join our team. This position will be based in our Baton Rouge, LA, Austin, TX or Houston, TX office.
The purpose of this
position is to provide project management expertise in electrical, civil,
structural and mechanical aspects of large turnkey electrical upgrade projects.
This position is to provide project management expertise to teams of designers,
engineers, construction managers and contractors.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the overall management and execution of one or more turnkey projects involving specifically Medium Voltage (MV), Low Voltage (LV), Switchgear and related Substation projects in the Gulf states’ addressable markets ranging from Power Utilities, O&G sectors and industrials. The SPM is charged with supporting the sales force and zone manager during the front-end sales process to ensure a seamless transition from quote into execution. Additionally, you will be responsible for end to end turnkey project execution, construction management, estimating and sales support.
The Senior Electrical Project Manager for this role would be presented with both design and construction related project execution (preferably as PM with full P&L responsibility) of the above mentioned projects with high degree of independence, commercial awareness and interpersonal savvy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of Electrical Upgrade Projects including: Electrical Substations, Plant Control Systems, Excitation Systems, Governor Control Systems, SCADA and Power Distribution Systems.
- Contract and subcontract knowledge and experience
- Ability to implement project financial controls
- Responsibility for project profit, loss, and forecast
- Ability to manage subcontractor budgets
- Ability to set up and manage subcontractor
- Ability to manage safe work environment and program which includes but not limited to job site safety analysis, rigging plans, environmental risk planning, job audits, confined space programs and lock and tag procedures.
- Ability to create and maintain project QA/QC process
- Contingency planning expertise and knowledge
- Ability to create, prioritize and maintain project action item list.
- Ability to maintain accurate as-built documentation and punch-lists
- Ability to maintain daily/weekly progress reports
- Ability to lead project meetings and effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to support and manage multiple projects
- Document control experience and expertise
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with minimum 5 years of project management or engineering experience OR Associates degree from an accredited institution with minimum 10 years of Project Management experience OR minimum 15 years of project management experience with high school diploma.
- Minimum 5 years engineering or project management experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the work location(s) listed. No relocation is being offered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in Power Plant Electrical Projects
- First and CPR Trained
- PMP Certified Preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Project or Primavera Scheduling software
- Knowledge and skills to manage project scope changes
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules
- Ability to work with and manage design teams
- Ability to improve subcontractor inefficiencies
- Working knowledge of NERC/FERC, NESC, NEC, ANSI, NETA
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time