Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division, a part of our Aerospace group, is currently seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Rumford, RI facility.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer will support new product development, new product introduction and cost out designing for existing product lines through sound execution of engineering principles and processes. They will support technical coordination between division and group Advanced Manufacturing locations beyond the immediate site.
The incumbent will be responsible for include mechanical engineering support, such products as Dynamic Seal, Static Seals and other Fluid Distribution product. The position requires fluid component knowledge, primarily in a new product development environment.
You will support continuous improvement of productivity and first-pass yield. Use of tools including for example Design for Six Sigma to achieve that end and help identify and recommend key engineering metrics, monitor performance and propose improvements accordingly.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Execute manufacturing engineering to deliver high quality technical output on time. Provide technical subject matter expertise and support to the organization.
- Support the development of organizational engineering/technical skills to meet the site and division strategies and initiatives. Support training at sending and receiving sites.
- Focus on capability development for improved engineering techniques and BASELINES that add value to our products. Mature practices for documented technical standards around best practices and using lessons learned.
- Provide input to the development and implementation of STANDARD processes and tools for engineering tasks consistent with industry best practices. Review work in progress to assure adherence to defined processes.
- Participate in the objective planning process for the site to support site strategic product and technology roadmaps, CAPEX planning and processes.
- Use new product launch tools such as supporting technical gate reviews, New Product Development (NPD) requirement checklists, and New Product Introduction (NPI) to support transfer of product to sites and long-term production Ramp Up.
- Become familiar with Lean and Six Sigma and support the site initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of Engineering experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 miles radius from the Rumford, RI facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Systems or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience supporting product development and sustainment programs.
- Experience with Lean and Six Sigma concepts.
- Previous Aerospace experience, preferred.
- Black / Green Belt certified is a plus.
- Experience with composites or additive manufacturing.
- Ability to lead and manage assigned projects from start to finish and apply principles of leadership to drive for results.
- Lead assigned project, including oversight of design engineers, drafting personnel and test technicians.
- Must be able to work with other personnel in a team environment to identify and solve problems as well as define and implement process improvements.
- Make recommendations on product designs, material, strongly influence product costs, and capital investments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Work across site boundaries in a global virtual engineering organization. Flexible to adapt work schedule to meet demands, meetings and business needs.
- Ability to network and develop relationships with other Eaton Aerospace and non-Aerospace resources.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with functions and organizations outside of Engineering.
- Willing to travel up to 50%, with some international travel.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time